As the global Information Security landscape evolves rapidly, businesses and government are deploying new technologies that very few users truly understand.
The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium ((ISC)²) Cyprus Chapter, established in 2012, is the first Cypriot professional association that is concerned exclusively with information security. Our members are information security professionals, and many of which hold (ISC)² qualifications (i.e. CISSP).
(ISC)² is a global, not-for-profit leader in educating and certifying information security professionals throughout their careers. With a vision to inspire a “safe and secure cyber world”, (ISC)² is recognized for Gold Standard certifications and world class education programs addressed to professionals in more than 135 countries. This includes an elite network of nearly 100,000 certified industry professionals worldwide.
The (ISC)² Cyprus Chapter aims to pursue the following strategic pillars:
- Create awareness for information security in Cyprus
- Assist other associations and government in information security matters as an advisory board
- Provide valuable information security training to our members
- Attract new members to the chapter and provide members a forum to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and ideas, development of leadership and professional skills
- Promote the Information security profession and (ISC)² qualifications.
Our Chapter aims to:
- Provide technical information security training to its members to enhance their knowledge and capabilities,
- Provide its members the opportunity to gain Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits
- Raise the security awareness level of the public and the community via seminars, presentations and workshops Provide feedback to associations/government regarding information security matters, such as official guidelines, procedures, legislation etc